Echo & Alexa Forums

The dogs are getting the hang of it.

The dogs are getting the hang of it.
« on: December 19, 2019, 11:26:09 pm »
We feed our dogs at 7pm. Somewhere around 5:30 or 6, they'd always start bothering me so I made a "feed the dogs routine". At 7pm, Alexa says "It's time to feed the dogs, do you dogs want dinner? Dinner, dinner, dinner!" I never feed them before Alexa says that and I make sure they are in the house to hear Alexa just before 7. After about two weeks, they've stopped asking me for dinner. Now they are waiting on Alexa to announce it's dinner time. When she does, we feed them. Problem solved :)

AlanH

Re: The dogs are getting the hang of it.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 11:26:39 am »
We feed our dogs at 7pm. Somewhere around 5:30 or 6, they'd always start bothering me so I made a "feed the dogs routine". At 7pm, Alexa says "It's time to feed the dogs, do you dogs want dinner? Dinner, dinner, dinner!" I never feed them before Alexa says that and I make sure they are in the house to hear Alexa just before 7. After about two weeks, they've stopped asking me for dinner. Now they are waiting on Alexa to announce it's dinner time. When she does, we feed them. Problem solved :)

Next up - “It’s time to feed the humans, do you humans want dinner?”  ;)

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 11:52:16 pm »
That is very clever! I will have to copy you and try it with my dogs. Thanks.

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:06:23 pm »
tngw1500se do you use an announcement to do this?  I am having a little trouble setting it up.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 10:53:38 am »
tngw1500se do you use an announcement to do this?  I am having a little trouble setting it up.

A routine

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 12:49:28 am »

A routine
Thank you. I will set it up as a routine.