Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Frames

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa Frames
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 07:18:47 pm »
How do you get the battery level from the Echo Frames?

I tried asking, "what is the battery level?" and Alexa says, "I'm having trouble finding your battery status. Try again later."

BTW, is there a way to turn off the mic but keep phone notifications on? Right now the only setting is to double-click the action button which turns both off. I think having the mic on all the time will shorten battery life since it's always waiting for the wake word. But I would still like to get notifications if I get a text message or something.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 05:24:05 am »
How do you get the battery level from the Echo Frames?

I tried asking, "what is the battery level?" and Alexa says, "I'm having trouble finding your battery status. Try again later."

BTW, is there a way to turn off the mic but keep phone notifications on? Right now the only setting is to double-click the action button which turns both off. I think having the mic on all the time will shorten battery life since it's always waiting for the wake word. But I would still like to get notifications if I get a text message or something.

like you I would like to get the battery level.  would make it easier to manage usage, especially when traveling.  as far as I know the only way to find the battery level is in the phone settings under connected devices.  another way is to plug in the power cable, then unplug it and it will tell you.  otherwise you will have to wait till it drops to 20 percent and again at 10 percent. 

I don't think there is a way to receive notifications when mic is off.  I don't have the frames  with me right now but I think, you can still  slide your finger across the arm and check notifications.   I really have not played with turning the mic off much other than accidents. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:59:38 am by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 04:18:08 pm »
Just got my prescription lenses today. They fit the echo frames perfectly. It was very easy to just pop in the lenses. I got them from the website I mentioned previously. Now I'm a happy echo frames owner.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 03:28:37 pm »
makes you wonder why the local stores could or would not do it.   

Tzarcone

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 06:38:50 pm »
Just got my prescription lenses today. They fit the echo frames perfectly. It was very easy to just pop in the lenses. I got them from the website I mentioned previously. Now I'm a happy echo frames owner.

Just curious how long did it take to get the lenes from the time that you ordered? Just received my frames today, so going to look for a place this weekend near me first. Unless the other place is quicker because it seems easy enough to do yourself.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:43:00 pm by Tzarcone »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 11:45:02 pm »
Just curious how long did it take to get the lenes from the time that you ordered? Just received my frames today, so going to look for a place this weekend near me first. Unless the other place is quicker because it seems easy enough to do yourself.

The website says 2-3 weeks for standard service. I chose the standard service because I didn't want to pay extra. I placed my order on the morning of March 4. It was shipped via First Class Mail on March 5. It was delivered to me on March 7.

Tzarcone

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 11:22:59 pm »

The website says 2-3 weeks for standard service. I chose the standard service because I didn't want to pay extra. I placed my order on the morning of March 4. It was shipped via First Class Mail on March 5. It was delivered to me on March 7.

Damn got to love that 2-3 weeks, and you end up getting in 2-3 days :)

I've been wearing the frames for part of yesterday and today just to make sure they feel ok before I invest in lenses. Figure tomorrow I start looking locally if nothing else just to get a script for the lenses. I know my current lenses but they are a few years old. But honestly will probably order the lenses and diy it. Thanks for the quick response!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 03:55:27 am »
What's even more amazing is that their lab is in New York and my shipping address is in California. And it only took 3 days.

Tzarcone

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 12:58:25 pm »
I wonder if the no they can't do it is the same no you can't use it when trying to use samsung pay on a non-nfc terminal just before proving how wrong they are.   the instructions that came with the frames seemed clear enough.

Funny thing happened to me...... I went to first one medium sized chain. Said would do it but I would need to sign release. Not thrilled about that, asked if after exam he would give me script for lenses said yes he would. Scheduled an appointment 5 days out. Than went to small shop that I went before he was like no way looked at frames said don't want to be bothered with them. So figured I would wait to get the most from my insurance for the lenses and wait 5 days. Afternoon before my appointment I get a notification that they are cancelling all appointments till further notice due to the virus.

Great that is now 2 week min wait time just for exam. I went online to lensesrx, didn't have physical script for prescription but had my current numbers documented. I figured I want to use them for now and for the money they are a backup pair of lenses if needed. Or maybe will 3D print another set of frames for the lenses later lol. Well I ordered and picked 2 week shipping because of other comment on how fast they are. I got mine just under a week took like 30 seconds to put on each lense. Didn't come with instructions but still very very simple there are even YouTube videos of needed for it. I ended up getting the standard lenses for Amazon echo $45 but ended up adding the HD option for $40 giving shatter resistant, scratch resist, UV protection, and anti reflective plus 10% off. So not too bad was nice being able to see so clear though the echo frames. Lenses are so light weight also about the same as the lenses that came with it.

So if you need lenses and have a script or atleast know all your script numbers grab them through lensesrx.com if you pick 2 week delivery you could get them in half the time. You pick quick might get in days.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 01:01:57 pm by Tzarcone »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 06:24:40 pm »
BTW, I submitted my receipts to my insurance (EyeMed) and they reimbursed me for out-of-network coverage on the frames & lenses.

I can't remember how much they covered on the frames and on the lenses individually, I think it was $45 & $25. But the total was $70.

I blurred the picture intentionally.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 06:32:33 pm »
If you have vision coverage, you should contact your insurer to find out if they provide out-of-network coverage. If you do decide to make a claim, be aware that most vision insurance allow you to get only one frame and one pair of lenses every 2 years (sometimes 1 year if you have better coverage). If you make a claim, you've basically removed yourself from getting new eyeglasses for the next 2 years. Exams are usually once per year.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:34:08 pm by jwlv »

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 08:43:11 pm »
If you have vision coverage, you should contact your insurer to find out if they provide out-of-network coverage. If you do decide to make a claim, be aware that most vision insurance allow you to get only one frame and one pair of lenses every 2 years (sometimes 1 year if you have better coverage). If you make a claim, you've basically removed yourself from getting new eyeglasses for the next 2 years. Exams are usually once per year.

wonder if hsa will cover the difference  :-)