Echo & Alexa Forums

New voice notice on echo dot

Jop

New voice notice on echo dot
« on: December 12, 2019, 05:14:58 pm »
I have been using an Echo Dot (2nd generation) for about three years. When I am at home I ‘connect’ my iPhone to the Echo Dot. This causes sounds on the iPhone such as SMS message notification, email notification, and various alert signals from apps to play on the Echo Dot instead of the iPhone. This is what I want to happen. 

Starting yesterday, December 11, the sound plays on the Echo Dot as before, however a new voice notification (“Playing from ‘name of iPhone’”) also plays on the Echo Dot device. I don’t know why this started and cannot find any way to turn it off. I have checked ’Settings’ on the iPhone, the Echo device and the Alexa App. I have also reset both the iPhone and the Echo Dot by turning power off and back on.

Offline jwlv

Re: New voice notice on echo dot
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 05:56:01 pm »
Quite recently some updates have been rolling out to various Echo devices. I noticed this about a week ago on my Echo Show 5. One of these updates is whenever a Bluetooth device connects to the Echo, whether it is automatically or manually connected, Alexa announces "connected to so-and-so (or whatever your Bluetooth device name is)."

In your case, whenever your iPhone is in range and can connect to your Echo Dot via Bluetooth, Alexa will announce it. I don't think there's a way to turn it off. Perhaps you can try brief mode, but I don't know if that'll work. I have not tried it.