Echo & Alexa Forums

I ordered an Echo Input

Offline jwlv

I ordered an Echo Input
« on: December 11, 2019, 08:39:28 pm »
So, I ordered an Echo Input yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to use it for yet, but it was only $10.
The estimated delivery date is Dec 21, 2019 - May 11, 2020. They're saying it could take 6 months???

BTW, the total shows $0.00 because I used my gift card balance. I really hate it when Amazon makes it look like you didn't spend any money when you use a gift card. For example, if my gift card balance was $50 and I buy something for $75, it'll show the total as being $25 as if my $50 gift card balance was free or something.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 08:41:55 pm by jwlv »

Re: I ordered an Echo Input
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 05:10:48 am »
hopefully the date is wrong.  I notice best buy has the same deal and they are shipping now.  too back you cannot use the amazon credit there

barist

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:51:15 pm »
delivery time strange but i can suggest you two option to use echo input device.

When i see the price i also bought 4 of them :-)

1st way, i am using echo input at the car. Plug power to lighter port using usb converter and then echo input to get power. Then use two way stereo cable to echo input and car port. Then use your phone network to share echo input.

2th way you can connect with regular portable bluetooth speaker (or cable) now you have echo tap

and the last one is as you already know you can make smarter your existing speaker with connecting

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:18:49 pm »
Sorry I didn't report back. But I did get the Echo Input two days after I placed the order, just like all my other Prime shipping orders. It was just strange that the initial delivery estimate was wonky.

So far I haven't figured out how I am going to use it. So it's still sitting in my desk drawer until I figure it out. :)

Offline kenf

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 09:10:05 am »
The implied use is when you've got a stereo or speaker system, use an Input instead of a Dot.

I've got a Dot in the garage, but I've also had a pair of powered PC speakers in there for hooking up to iPhone.

I could swap the dot out and connect the Input to the speakers.  Alexa would be louder and I could bluetooth pair when I want to play music (new phone doesn't have headphone jack).

That idea just came to me as I've not thought about getting more Echo since most my house is already covered.