Echo & Alexa Forums

Low Dot Volume When Connected To Receiver

DerbyDad03

Low Dot Volume When Connected To Receiver
« on: January 05, 2020, 05:13:11 pm »
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck balancing the volume between different inputs on a receiver when switching from the Dot to other devices.

I've found that when connecting the Dot to any rcvr input (CD, DVR, TV/Sat, etc.) the input signal is so low that I need to crank the volume on the rcvr to a point that the volume is way too high for any other device. I always have to remember to reduce the rcvr's volume before switching devices to reduce the risk of blowing out my speakers. I found a few other threads in this forum discussing this issue, but I didn't find a solution.

I'm currently using an inexpensive external pre-amp between the Dot and the rcvr and it helps balance the volume issue a little, but I still need to set the Dot to volume 8, which reduces the amount of "Volume Up" I can get with voice commands. If I lower the Dot's volume and increase the gain on the pre-amp, I get clipping. Granted, a better pre-amp might work, but I don't want to keep tossing devices at the problem just to see what works.

Any ideas? Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:16:38 pm by DerbyDad03 »