Echo & Alexa Forums

Using an Echo device for remote communication/interaction with a nursing home re

A8hollingsworth

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and just found you guys when trying to google this thought.  My uncle is in a nursing home in Vermont, while my mom lives in North GA.  My uncle has had multiple strokes with resulting severe communication deficits, and is now dependent on caregivers.  Despite that, he still recognizes his old favorite songs and the voices of familiar family members. 

My question is, is it possible to use one of the amazon echo or show devices remotely, without the connecting party activating or accepting the connection?  I know some devices allow you to make calls, but he isn't capable of "answering" the call. Is there a device that my mom could just pop in on him with, or remotely queue up some of his favorite songs on?  I thought one of the Amazon Show iterations might be good, but I'm not sure about their capabilities in that regard.

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate any input, suggestions, or further questions!

Andrew
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:27:43 pm by A8hollingsworth »

If there was a good enough internet connection at the nursing home, you could set one up on their WiFi and "drop in" on it. You could also be at home and tell that device to play a song that you picked out.

A8hollingsworth

Awesome.  That answers my question!  Thanks!