Echo & Alexa Forums

Windows Calendar and Phone

Tammy

Windows Calendar and Phone
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:50 am »
I want to suggest to Echo that they link it to the Windows calendar for those of us that don't like Google's calendar. Unfortunately I can't tell them because I can't get the Echo app. I use a windows phone and the world doesn't acknowledge that apps should be created for anything other than Android and Iphone. Now, before you explain all the reasons that the other phones are better, let me say I have used them all and prefer the reliability of a Windows Phone.  :)

Is there any other way besides the app that I can communicate with the makers of Echo?

luma

Re: Windows Calendar and Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 03:07:36 pm »
I understand that you prefer the Windows phone OS.  I also think it's great, and if it had more applications (specifically solid Google integration) then I would be using one as well. However, understand when you buy a phone with less than 3% market share that you're unlikely to be anyone's target development platform.  Amazon didn't force you to buy a Windows phone.  You knew (or should have known) when you bought it that the app store is weak and few major players are targeting it. 

Having said that, maybe checking out an Android emulator might work?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:15:17 pm by luma »

aboyce64

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:47 am »
it is not about linking to windows calendar. it is about linking to a valid ical cloud based calendar. most people use a business class system like Exchange or Microsoft 365.

To only provide support to google calendar is to seriously limit the usefulness of the echo.

Why would i want to setup another calendar with google and then how on earth would i keep it all in sync reliably........ No this is the issue that has upset me the most with ECHO. i have had my echo all of one day and the first thing i wanted to do was set it up to use my calendar and it only supports google. I am seriously thinking of sending it back because of this.

Talisman

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 02:55:53 pm »
I am sure this is in the integration with Office 365/ active sync is in the works just be patient and learn about the other features in the mean time.

danbooth52

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 09:53:50 am »
My wife would agree with aboyce64, she needs the integration of Office 365 to work with Echo, not the Google Calendar....we are hanging in there hopeing someone will have a work around with this problem or lack of development.

EchoEcho

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 02:24:02 pm »
My Echo is scheduled to be here Tuesday, so I havent tried it yet, but it looks like "If This Then That" (ifttt) has an input (but no output) channel for Alexa now, so maybe that will work if you set up a ifttt reicpe like IF Add Appointment to Alexa Calendar; THEN Add Appointment to Microsoft 360 Calendar)

danbooth52

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16:44 am »
@echoecho,
If you get the iftt figured out, let me know....thanks.

I did find this https://ifttt.com/office_365_mail, don't if this will help you.  I know I don't how to use this yet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:36:49 pm by danbooth52 »

SteveM

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 04:10:22 pm »
You can get access to the feedback link in the Echo Controller app if you download the controller app to a PC.

t may not be the preferred way of doing this, but if you're only other option is a Windows phone,. then I recommend loading the Echo app for windows onto a PC and submitting your feedback from there.  Heck, you could even explain the hoops you had to jump through just to send the feedback! 

sidynele

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 02:33:51 pm »
Since it is just a webapp you can go to http://echo.amazon.com/ from a browser for full access to everything the iPhone & Android apps do.