Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and 2 dots

Pat NY

Alexa and 2 dots
« on: December 01, 2019, 09:52:52 am »
I just received 2 dots as a gift.One dot in the master bed room the other in my work room/garage the  echo in the living roomI have a wireless network in the house (spectrum)I have a few question s The echo has w2orked fine for the last year.Can I ask alexa(echo)to play one type of music while in the garage ask the dot to do something  else.What I would like to do is to the change the name of the 2 dots each with a different name and leave alexa as is. I would appreciate any help since I am new on this board
Thank you
Pat

Re: Alexa and 2 dots
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 01:21:32 pm »
You can do different things with each Echo product at the same time... for instance, play music in the living room, set and use a timer in the kitchen, and look up metric to SEA conversions in the garage all at the same time. They only need access to the wireless router to be able to function effectively. so if your garage is too far from the router, you may have issues, but not with the echo itself... it does what it can. if it loses connection due to distance or poor connection or whatever, it will light up and a blue ring will circle the top of the echo or the dots... I don't regularly us my echo devices for music, so I don't know whether you will have access to different music in each location but that subject is discussed regularly on these forums... probably best to seek advice on that item particularly... A good search may yield enough help with music stuff as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Pat NY

Re: Alexa and 2 dots
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:02 pm »
Thank you for the lead.I have searched the boards but cant seem to find a related topic I 2will give Amazon help a call at the listed number on this board
Thanks again
Pat