Echo & Alexa Forums

Lowes has Alexa again

Lowes has Alexa again
« on: November 28, 2019, 11:59:11 pm »
I am shocked, lowes is selling the different echo devices again.  I think the last time lowes carried amazon echos was in 2016  since then it was only google.   Might have to go up there tomorrow and get a couple of show 5's. 50 bucks apiece is not bad.  replacing all the dots with them for christmas.    was just about ready to click check out on amazon when I remember a sign the other day about the echo at lowes.    just went online and found my local lowes got them in stock. 

Re: Lowes has Alexa again
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 09:14:35 pm »
I went ahead and got the shows from lowes to replace the dots.  Now the only old echo device is the original because of the sound.  Never did like the way the dots sounded.  I was using a fire tablet hd 10 using show mode but it would never recognized the newton skill for reading emails.   so my setup now is just three shows and the original in my small apartment  :-)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 04:28:38 am »
During Black Friday, I bought five new Echo Show 5's to replace various older gen Echo devices I have. I ordered them from Amazon. I gotta say that the Echo Show 5 sounds a lot better than the Dot. And I like being able to set the home screen to a clock with BIG numbers. I don't know why that isn't possible with my original Echo Show with a 7" screen. There are no options for it on the original Echo Show. I'm guessing that Amazon abandoned the older devices. For one, the older devices don't support multi-lingual mode. And they only support 3 languages. The Echo Show 5 supports about a dozen languages.

BTW if you are military, Lowes will give you 10% off.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 05:47:35 am »
During Black Friday, I bought five new Echo Show 5's to replace various older gen Echo devices I have. I ordered them from Amazon. I gotta say that the Echo Show 5 sounds a lot better than the Dot. And I like being able to set the home screen to a clock with BIG numbers. I don't know why that isn't possible with my original Echo Show with a 7" screen. There are no options for it on the original Echo Show. I'm guessing that Amazon abandoned the older devices. For one, the older devices don't support multi-lingual mode. And they only support 3 languages. The Echo Show 5 supports about a dozen languages.

BTW if you are military, Lowes will give you 10% off.

I keep forgetting to sign up for that 10 percent.  I also found out if I waited till monday and ordered the two from amazon, I could have gotten another 10 bucks off.   I used to have a rule when I bought computers, I would buy one then not look at prices again for several months.  I might need to go back to it with all other devices  :-)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 04:59:53 pm »
Now I'm kinda thinking maybe I should have waited. I paid $59.99 for the Echo Show 5.
Amazon now has the Echo Show 8 + 3rd gen Echo Dot for $79.99. That's a heck of a deal since the Echo Show 8 is normally $129.99. Plus you get a Dot to boot. But delivery is not until Dec 24th.
Here's the link if you want to see https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DZ11NF

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 06:34:11 pm »
Now I'm kinda thinking maybe I should have waited. I paid $59.99 for the Echo Show 5.
Amazon now has the Echo Show 8 + 3rd gen Echo Dot for $79.99. That's a heck of a deal since the Echo Show 8 is normally $129.99. Plus you get a Dot to boot. But delivery is not until Dec 24th.
Here's the link if you want to see https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082DZ11NF

one of the other tech sites I visited today mention that deal.  it is a good one.  the delivery date is the only reason I did not get the show 8 to begin with.   but I do not regret it since the smaller show 5 actually fit better.   

I wonder if the show 8 is selling well with all the discounts and other deals it has had lately.