Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo issues

yellowlawn

Echo issues
« on: November 27, 2019, 02:25:08 pm »
So I have an echo plus, x2 spots and a dot. I also have x4 of the Philips Hue bulbs. Everything worked fine for a year. I could turn the lights on and off and dim and brighten them.

I recently bought an Echo Show 8.

That’s where it went wrong. I moved the Echo Plus to another room and replaced it with the show. I first asked the show to turn all the lights off and on again, which she did. I then tried two of the four lights and Alexa told me that wasn’t supported with that device. When I tried to dim the lights she told me that action wasn’t supported.

I went to the room with the Plus in and all the lights worked both on and off as well as dimming.

So I disabled the echo plus and the app showed that all my lights were unreachable. I reenabled and they worked again. I then removed the lights and de-registered the echo plus. I then re-added the echo plus and tried to readd the lights. I turned the first light off and on again, to put it into searchable mode. Now my echo devices cannot find anything.

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 06:58:13 pm »
The Echo Plus has a hub built in. That's what all of your light bulbs connect to. Without the hub, none of your light bulbs will work. That said, your Echo Plus should be in a central location, preferably near the center of your house.

The Echo Dot, Spot, and Show 8 do not have a hub built in. Your Hue lights probably came with a hub if you bought it as a kit. The Philips hub is better than what's built in to the Echo Plus. If you have the Philips hub, you should use it.