Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Lists Question

TomG

Alexa Lists Question
« on: November 25, 2019, 06:33:46 pm »
Is there a way to make the 'List Skill' show up on my iphone home screen?

Re: Alexa Lists Question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 08:30:33 pm »
Is there a way to make the 'List Skill' show up on my iphone home screen?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but maybe trying the Shortcuts on the Shortcuts gallery can help out... Sounds do-able kind of though...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

TomG

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 09:31:47 am »
Thanks Scottrods, I have not tried your suggestion yet.  What I am asking is:
I have, example my shopping list held within Alexa, but in order to get it, I have to open the Alexa app on my iphone, then wait on my Good Morning screen to open, then see my lists.  I would like to have an icon on my home screen dedicated to my lists, click and directly go to lists.  I also wish I could reorder, meaning change the top to bottom display of my list.  It would be nice to arrange the list in the same order that my grocery store happens to be arranged, very small issue but would be nice.  haha  thanks, tom

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 01:28:05 pm »
you will have to use a third party list that will work with alexa and place their widget on your home screen.   I think alexa has a widget too and it might access your lists too.  I dont use it since it is not compatible with the launcher I use so I am not sure what it does.  .  I just have the shopping list email to me prior to shopping. 

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 08:38:08 pm »
After spending some time with the iPhone Shortcuts system... I found that Alexa is not available through the "Shortcuts" widget... I'll keep looking for a way as well, but the one thing you're asking for should be a simple thing to do. Can't imagine how the Apple and Alexa folks haven't worked this one out already... Just bringing up a list from an app shouldn't;t be rocket science for the techies that put this stuff together...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!