Echo & Alexa Forums

Pre-set reminder that makes Alexa say stuff

maxistraifms

Pre-set reminder that makes Alexa say stuff
« on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:30 am »
So the idea is that I just have to say: "Alexa, trigger Gym-reminder" or "Alexa, remind me to go to the Gym tomorrow". She should then set a reminder that triggers the next day at 14:30 and say: "Don't forget to move your a** and work out!" or something like that. Sadly i don't have any experience with Alexa or any Smart Home products and hope someone can help me :)

GaryM

Re: Pre-set reminder that makes Alexa say stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 06:27:19 am »
I don't think it's possible to set a reminder and have it say something personalised when it goes off.

Actually you could try telling it what you want it to say in the reminder although it probably won't say ass: "Alexa, remind me to get your butt to the gym at 2:30 tomorrow".

The reminder should say "I am reminding you, get your butt to the gym..."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:46:44 am by GaryM »

MartinB999

Re: Pre-set reminder that makes Alexa say stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 07:52:57 am »
You can set reminders for every day etc.
Just say, "Alexa, remind me to go to the gym", she says, when should I remind you, you say "Every day at 1430", she says OK, I'll remind you to go the gym every day at 1430.
I use this for feeding the puppies I have. It works for me doing it this way. Once I have the puppies on less feeds, I will change the routine and just tell her to cancel all reminders and set a new one.