Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Aux port on Dot keeps cutting out

iolinux333

Aux port on Dot keeps cutting out
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:08:46 am »
Does anyone else have this problem? I have it connected by the supplied cable to a Soundlink Mini II. It stops outputting sound after about two minutes, but thinks it's still playing. If I pull out the cord it starts playing through the built in speaker. The Bose is working fine, I've tested it with other devices through the Aux port.

iolinux333

Re: Aux port on Dot keeps cutting out
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »
Ok I figured out exactly when this happens.

It happens when I am using the Dot as a Bluetooth receiver, and playing  STREAMING audio through my iPod Touch 6 to the Echo, and from there over the Aux port to my Soundlink Mini 2.

After two minutes the audio cuts out.

If I'm just playing mp3 files, the audio doesn't cut.

The only way to make it go again is to either

disconnect reconnect Bluetooth

or

unplug replug the audio cable

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 02:21:30 pm »
Ok I figured out exactly when this happens.

It happens when I am using the Dot as a Bluetooth receiver, and playing  STREAMING audio through my iPod Touch 6 to the Echo, and from there over the Aux port to my Soundlink Mini 2.

If you want to send from iPod to BT speaker, why are you going through Dot?  Just go direct to the BT speaker and leave Dot out of the chain.  Maybe the Dot is not intended to do double duty at same time as a BT receiver and a an aux out device. 

iolinux333

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »
Because

1. With an aux cable I don't get the annoying click sound the dot Bluetooth transmitter is making.

and

2. I don't have to go over and hit a button on the speaker to switch inputs.

Everything works great except for the Aux turning itself off. VERY annoying I wish this stuff would just work right.