Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot 3

Glynn Moore

Echo Dot 3
« on: October 26, 2019, 09:53:04 am »
We moved house recently and I am trying to connect my wife's Echo Dot 3 to my WiFi. I have done a reset and tried to install it through the app. Everything apeared to go okay to the point where it said it was connected but it is sat at orange and won't respond.

Laurel

Re: Echo Dot 3
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 03:21:26 pm »
I had replied to your request with a couple of how to sites.  Since you did not have the courtesy to respond with a thank you, I have removed them.  I cannot believe the number of people who ask for help and then don't respond with a thanks for the help.

bitstopjoe

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 04:46:30 pm »
I had replied to your request with a couple of how to sites.  Since you did not have the courtesy to respond with a thank you, I have removed them.  I cannot believe the number of people who ask for help and then don't respond with a thanks for the help.

Amen

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 05:28:05 am »

I agree.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 04:46:02 pm »
since when is there a rule requiring a thank you?   

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »

Not a rule, just good manners. Fairly commonplace forum etiquette in my experience.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 05:39:47 pm »

Not a rule, just good manners. Fairly commonplace forum etiquette in my experience.

by deleting the links it hurts others who are searching the forum for help.   IMO, deleting helpful postings is against forum etiquette.    punishing someone for not saying thank you sound more like an ego trip than anything else.   

Laurel

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 06:37:11 pm »
No ego involved, but just old fashioned common courtesy is expected.  Probably because I am 70 years old, I expect that some manners are required in society. Much better society than one without.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 07:51:03 pm »
What you've done by "deleting the links" truly is show the world that the forums are a bunch of buttheads who want you to acknowledge their awesomeness...

Now, when someone comes on and does a search, they will come up on this thread and wonder just what links were posted and what makes it so important to delete them. Where the newcomer could have seen a really nice kind person offer help, regardless of the person requesting it. (Called being kind and helpful) because being kind and helpful is a wonderful thing to be. with no expectation of the person/s the help was given to. Also the info is not there where it might have helped some other more industrious and researching soul, find their answer to the same age old question, without having to ask it again or at all...

Kindness - Spread the crap everywhere!

Care to share those links again to show you are indeed the kind person I am certain you are?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 08:04:43 pm »
Unfortunately common courtesy is not so common any more. I don't know how many times I've let someone go ahead of me at the supermarket because I had a cart-load of groceries and they just had 2 things. And when I let them go ahead of me, they act so surprised. They did say thanks but I didn't do it because I wanted them to say thanks.

Another example is when I was at Little Caesar's to get a pizza. A young man who was coming out had a stack of probably 10 or more pizzas. I held the door open for the guy. He didn't say thanks, look or even acknowledge me. No big deal. I opened the door for him because I wanted to be kind. I didn't do it to get a thanks out of him. But you know what? When I was at the cashier (too far from the door) I saw other other people hold the door for someone else because they saw me doing it.

As Bill and Ted said:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 08:19:01 pm by jwlv »

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 08:40:34 pm »
Unfortunately common courtesy is not so common any more. I don't know how many times I've let someone go ahead of me at the supermarket because I had a cart-load of groceries and they just had 2 things. And when I let them go ahead of me, they act so surprised. They did say thanks but I didn't do it because I wanted them to say thanks.

Another example is when I was at Little Caesar's to get a pizza. A young man who was coming out had a stack of probably 10 or more pizzas. I held the door open for the guy. He didn't say thanks, look or even acknowledge me. No big deal. I opened the door for him because I wanted to be kind. I didn't do it to get a thanks out of him. But you know what? When I was at the cashier (too far from the door) I saw other other people hold the door for someone else because they saw me doing it.

at least you did not take it back because of not getting thanks like someone on an ego trip.   getting thanks is nice but it is never necessary. 

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »
No ego involved, but just old fashioned common courtesy is expected.  Probably because I am 70 years old, I expect that some manners are required in society. Much better society than one without.

so you will only help someone just to get praise!  that is an ego issue

Laurel

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 10:55:41 pm »
Maybe you are right Renegade. Who knows? We all have pet peeves.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 11:22:46 pm »
Maybe you are right Renegade. Who knows? We all have pet peeves.

thank you  :-P

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 07:44:00 am »
Glynn Moore acording to thier forum stats logged in and posted the question and has not returned since that day. It is possible they never seen the helpful links.
So removal of the links was premature even though I also feel they shouldn't have been removed regardless.

What has always bothered me is users not at least stating if a responce to their post was helpful or not.