Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa drops out when streaming BBC radio 2

msailg

Alexa drops out when streaming BBC radio 2
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:52:18 pm »
I have a problem with an echo 1st gen stopping streaming BBC radio 2 whilst in the kitchen,  sometimes it recovers after a short period, sometimes I have to power it down and restart it. I also have an echo dot which does not exhibit the same problem when in the same location in the kitchen connected to the same WiFi mesh.
When the echo stops streaming it will still operated smart switches so it is still connected to the WiFi.
Has anybody any idea why there is a difference in performance between the two devices which both have the latest software, echo = 658655620 whilst the dot = 661663920.

AlanH

Re: Alexa drops out when streaming BBC radio 2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 01:28:21 pm »
Are you using the BBC Sounds app? It’s usually stable for me on several devices when playing Radio 2.

msailg

Re: Alexa drops out when streaming BBC radio 2
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 09:09:46 am »
Are you using the BBC Sounds app? It’s usually stable for me on several devices when playing Radio 2.
Thank you for the reply. Yes I am using the BBC sounds app, the issue is that the dot works fine whilst the echo drops out in the kitchen, they both work fine in other parts of the house. We have a WiFi mesh system so strong signal all around the house.