Echo & Alexa Forums

diagnostic mode

jrubin

diagnostic mode
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:29:39 am »
I have an original echo show that malfunction and was repaired.  I got it back but is stuck in diagnosticmode and I am unable to get back to original screen.  Plugging and unplugging on help.  Unable to reset with pushing mute and low volume.

Offline jwlv

Re: diagnostic mode
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 02:53:25 am »
Amazon doesn't really fix broken Echo devices. They just send you a new one (or a refurb). Where did you get yours fixed?

jrubin

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 01:15:02 pm »
I did  receive back from amazon , and it only shows diagnostic mode, unable to get out of it.  I  have no idea if refurbished or mine, it doesn't say.  I assumed it was the original.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 05:07:32 pm »
I say contact Amazon again and reference your original problem report so they know that they replaced a broken Echo with a non-functional one. They'll likely offer to replace it again.

Paul C

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 11:35:35 am »
Can Anybody out there please tell me how to get my echo dot to work via my neighbors WiFi.? Coz for the life of me this thing (alexa.)keeps tellin me to try again.Any Help would be appreciated.thanks

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 12:41:06 pm »
Unless ypu have your neighbours permission. The chances of a connection are slim it will connect or even stay connected.