Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Show Gen 2 Screen Bleed

Echo Show Gen 2 Screen Bleed
« on: October 20, 2019, 12:54:44 pm »
I have a pair of Echo Gen 2 Show devices and enjoy them a bunch.  I bought both at the same time a little over a year ago and theyíve been great.  The one in my living room is used a lot more than the one in my office so I kind of expect a bit more degradation on the living room Show.  Unfortunately, I wasnít expecting the screen to ďbleedĒ the white letter overlays.  By bleeding, I mean when the Show puts an ad, notification, game result or recommendation up over my background pictures, there are white semi-transparent lines extending from each letter/image to the top of the screen.  The white letters are clear and easily readable but the screen wash they create is a bit annoying.  Iíve rebooted, reset, etc. but the problem persists.  It seems like the video graphic driver for the overlay function is corrupt but Iím not sure.  I canít blame firmware since both Shows are running the same firmware and I canít blame hardware as the image is great as long as there is no white text overlaying the image/video.  Anyone else experience this and did you find a solution other than pitching it in the trash and getting a replacement?