Echo & Alexa Forums

Amended routine not propagating

billbudd

Amended routine not propagating
« on: October 07, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »
Hi,  I had a routine which was working as I required.  I made some changes (added an additional action and removed one action).  The changes are not being propagated to the Echo, i.e. the routine is triggered and runs but using the actions before I changed them.

I have re-booted (power cycled) the echo, no improvement.

Any suggestions welcome.

Bill

bitstopjoe

Re: Amended routine not propagating
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 03:55:07 pm »
Hi,  I had a routine which was working as I required.  I made some changes (added an additional action and removed one action).  The changes are not being propagated to the Echo, i.e. the routine is triggered and runs but using the actions before I changed them.

Any suggestions welcome.

Bill

Be sure to hit NEXT after you make the changes otherwise they dont take effect. I did that a few times before I realized.

Joe

billbudd

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 03:38:49 am »

Any suggestions welcome.

Bill

Be sure to hit NEXT after you make the changes otherwise they dont take effect. I did that a few times before I realized.

Joe

Thanks for that.  Tried that but has made no difference.  I have even deleted the whole routine now but it still keeps running!

weird or what.

Bill

billbudd

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 09:57:39 am »
Resolved!  There was a setting in the Alexa App which by coincidence had the same effect, so I switched this off and now my routine is working.  I guess the latest update of the Alexa app included this new setting.

Bill

:)

bitstopjoe

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 05:21:24 pm »
 Glad to hear you got it going. Got to LOVE those updates which make things "better"

Joe