Echo & Alexa Forums

Jumping Display

DavidA

Jumping Display
« on: September 27, 2019, 03:52:17 am »
One of my Echo Spots, bought in June last year, has developed a display that momentarily jumps up about 5mm every 2 or 3 seconds.
I've left it unplugged for a while, and performed a factory rest, but it still happens.
Have I now got a permanently damaged Spot?

Laurel

Re: Jumping Display
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:47:12 pm »
Why not talk to Amazon and see if they will replace it? I have found them to bend over backwards when a problem comes up with a device.

DavidA

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 08:18:31 am »
I've had a chat with Amazon Fr,and they said that it is a "known problem".  They've agreed to replace it, but they are out of stock.
Amazon UK and Amazon US show it of of stock as well, with no date for stocking it again.
Is the Spot a dead item?

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 02:12:35 pm »
I've had a chat with Amazon Fr,and they said that it is a "known problem".  They've agreed to replace it, but they are out of stock.
Amazon UK and Amazon US show it of of stock as well, with no date for stocking it again.
Is the Spot a dead item?
I know they were talking about discontinuing Echo Spot.  Maybe call back and ask for a credit so you can buy another gadget?

DavidA

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »
I'm rather hoping that they will give me a Show 5 instead.

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 05:59:32 pm »
I'm rather hoping that they will give me a Show 5 instead.

Worth asking for it! Good luck.

JossyLena

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 03:08:11 am »
See dear...there are few reasons behind jumping screen actually:
  • You've got damaged Spot during delivery OR Faulty LED board.
  • Too brightness of screen.
  • Other Electronic device interference.
As we realized or know about if we place a electronic device nearby phone or TV screen then radio waves interruptions occur and the result is fluctuate screen. By mistake if we set our screen to full brighten or above Average then it may be occurs.

Things we can try
Reboot your device
Reset Factory setting
Adjust Screen brightness from Display setting...
If all fails then Go to Amazon store to replace it or can contact Amazon support to fix this.
Thanks

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 04:22:42 am »
it really is a known problem.   there has been some fixes but most don't last.   I believe that is one of the reasons it is being discontinued.