Echo & Alexa Forums

Price lowered for Echo Tap

vegasguy

Price lowered for Echo Tap
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:03:26 am »
I just noticed that the price of the Tap was lowered today to $111. It was originally $130.

From reading these forums, it appears more people bought the Dot rather than the Tap. I'm guessing that Amazon expected that from the beginning since they restricted purchases of the Dot only by voice on an Echo.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:35:53 pm by jwlv »

dfine1966

Re: Price lowered for Echo Tsp
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:48:55 am »
It is a one day sale today. Amazon is taking 15% off the Tap and Echo today only.  Dot is not included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 05:37:22 pm »
I could not resist; I bought a second Tap today.

Why?  Because I have too much disposable income!  ;) 
Not really, but my original Tap is in the Sling case, and charging it on the charge stand is not really practical, so the new one was bought without the Sling case so I can leave it on the charging stand all the time and just grab it to use mostly around inside the house, and the one in Sling can just stay in the Sling, and it will be the one to leave home with or take outside/backyard this summer.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 05:54:51 pm »
I could not resist; I bought a second Tap today.

Why?  Because I have too much disposable income!  ;) 
Not really, but my original Tap is in the Sling case, and charging it on the charge stand is not really practical, so the new one was bought without the Sling case so I can leave it on the charging stand all the time and just grab it to use mostly around inside the house, and the one in Sling can just stay in the Sling, and it will be the one to leave home with or take outside/backyard this summer.

sounds like you need a belt holder for the tap

mike27oct

Re: Price lowered for Echo Tap
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:48:53 pm »
Actually, my Jambox BT speaker came with one of those big belt clips, and I never used it.  It is on the top loop of the Tap's Sling now, so it can be hooked on to anything.

My biggest problem now is how to tell my wife I bought a 2nd Tap.  It was my own money, not ours, so she will just have to deal with it!  ;)

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:08:37 am »
My biggest problem now is how to tell my wife I bought a 2nd Tap.  It was my own money, not ours, so she will just have to deal with it!  ;)

LOL you still think it's your own money. Yea, I make most of the money in my household, but what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. Go figure!  ???

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 03:08:28 am »
Yea, I know; I'm grabbing at straws!