Echo & Alexa Forums

New Router--Alexa Can't Find My Station

shergo

New Router--Alexa Can't Find My Station
« on: August 13, 2019, 09:18:17 pm »
I installed a new router this morning. After I installed it, I changed the network info for my Echo devices, which seemed to work perfectly. HOWEVER, now I cannot get the radio station I have listed to via my Echo devices ever since I got them. Before installing the new router this morning, I was listening to Radio IQ via TuneIn. After installing, when I ask for Radio IQ, I can only get its sister station WVTF. Prior to this, by the way, I could ask for and listen to either one. I tried Amazon support and got no help at all. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks in advance!

Laurel

Re: New Router--Alexa Can't Find My Station
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:25:15 pm »
Have you trying setting it up on the alexa.amazon.com?  To get stations I wanted I have had to set it up it up on the website for the first time versus asking for it verbally.  Go to music, video and books. Choose Tune In and set it up there.  It worked for me.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 01:00:23 am »
I can get my Alexa devices to play either station from TuneIn.  A new router should have no affect on which stations can play. 

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 05:08:48 am »
I installed a new router this morning. After I installed it, I changed the network info for my Echo devices, which seemed to work perfectly. HOWEVER, now I cannot get the radio station I have listed to via my Echo devices ever since I got them. Before installing the new router this morning, I was listening to Radio IQ via TuneIn. After installing, when I ask for Radio IQ, I can only get its sister station WVTF. Prior to this, by the way, I could ask for and listen to either one. I tried Amazon support and got no help at all. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks in advance!

a new router should not make any difference unless it is being interfered with by another device.  check your history in settings and see what it heard.

shergo

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:54:00 am »
Have you trying setting it up on the alexa.amazon.com?  To get stations I wanted I have had to set it up it up on the website for the first time versus asking for it verbally.  Go to music, video and books. Choose Tune In and set it up there.  It worked for me.
[/quote

Thanks, Laurel. I'll try that.

shergo

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:55:19 am »
I can get my Alexa devices to play either station from TuneIn.  A new router should have no affect on which stations can play.

Of course it shouldn't make a difference. It hasn't before when I changed routers. It has this time, though, which is why it's so puzzling.

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 10:01:49 am »
I could verbally ask for my favourite stations with absolutely no luck. But once I entered them on the website, I had no problems.  Worth a try.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 09:30:37 am »
Also, look at the settings for the Music portion of your Account, there is a setting that will allow you to "turn off" music with foul language. If that setting is chosen, some stations (even ones that do not play bad language music) can be eliminated from availability. You can actually read that in the settings if you take a look. Don't know if this would help or not, but Just something I saw recently in settings.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!