Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Commands within reminders

Commands within reminders
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:46:17 pm »
Is it possible to give Alexa commands from within reminders? For instance, I would like to have a reminder like this "Max (current date, Alexa command 'Date') at (current time, Alexa command 'Time') it is time to xxxxxxx" this would be a multiple day reminder. By voice I tried saying the command in the reminder but it wouldn't work. I also tried using the app to edit the reminder using square brackets as in "Max [date] at [time]........" but no joy. Is what I'm tring to do even possible? I am using a fire cube which I understand is a dot and fire stick combined.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:49:51 pm by Jdyork99 »

Re: Commands within reminders
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:25:43 pm »
I contacted customer service and Alexa can't do this. They said they would look at it as a possible future improvement.

Re: Commands within reminders
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 02:54:35 pm »
I am a bit confused as to what exactly you are trying to do but if you had a second alexa, you could have one give the other commands.  maybe that could work for you...