Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Smart Plug skill enable

Smart Plug skill enable
« on: August 11, 2019, 04:02:48 pm »
I can not enable any smart plug skill. All of them give me the same message when I try. http://postimg.cc/CdnkgVvS . I am using my Amazon/Alexa username (email address) and password. Just for the Smart Life skill I also tried using the username and password for a Smart Life account I set up for the Smart Life skill. Always get the same screen shown above.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 04:10:52 pm by Clay L »

Re: Smart Plug skill enable
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:32:31 pm »
you log into skills with the account you have for the device.  You do not use amazons info.  are you able to access your smart life account online using a pc?  near the bottom of the skill there should be a link to contact smart life if you are having problems.    they are the only ones who can help you. 

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 05:34:14 pm »
I tried using my Smart Life account info with no luck with both a PC app and a Kindle Fire 7 Alexa app, I have sent an email to Smart Life and am waiting for an answer.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 11:15:23 am »
Looking at the screenshot you included shows that the login is expecting a phone number. That could be why your login is deemed incorrect.

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »
 It says email/phone number. Tried both separately and together separated by a /.

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 11:23:45 am »
Update. Using GeekSquad instructions (https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/) I was able to add the Google Play app to my Kindle Fire 7 tablet and download and install the Smart Life app.  (The Smart Life app is not available in the Amazon app store.) Then I was able to register and discover the Gosund smart plug.
But still when I tried to enable the Alexa Smart Life skill I got a "User name or password not valid" notice.
I clicked on "Forgot Password" and was sent a verification code that when entered enabled the Alexa skill.
So all is well now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:10:04 pm by Clay L »