Echo & Alexa Forums

How can we combine household orders on echo devices?

jpainter01

How can we combine household orders on echo devices?
« on: July 21, 2019, 10:20:06 am »
We have purchased multiple echo devices over the past couple of years.  Although we have separate Amazon accounts, all of the echo devices have been ordered from my account.   Apparently when the devices were set up, my husband set up some and I set up others.

Now when we ask one of the devices "Where's my stuff?", we get told only about Suzie's outstanding orders.   If we ask a different device the same question, we get told only about Tom's outstanding orders.

Is there a way to have all the echo devices have info on both of our orders?

Thanks!

Offline jwlv

Re: How can we combine household orders on echo devices?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 06:56:22 pm »
The Alexa app has a setting that enables it to recognize who is speaking from the sound of their voice. This feature is off by default. You'll have to turn it on from the app. Then you have to train Alexa to each of your voices so she knows which voice goes with which account. After that when Tom asks "where's my stuff" Alexa will respond with Tom's orders only.

All of this assumes that all of your Echo devices were set up with one account and then added a family member afterwards. It sounds like your Echoes were set up using different accounts. So you'll have to reset those other Echoes and start over from the beginning. All Echo devices in your home should be set up using 1 main account. All other family members must be added later.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:59:55 pm by jwlv »

Re: How can we combine household orders on echo devices?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 01:46:09 am »
Why don't you de-register them that are one one account and re-register them all on the same account?