Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Alexa & Echo Dot

alexafriend

Amazon Alexa & Echo Dot
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:23:43 pm »
Have spent a few days looking for my thread but can't find it so will say my friend deregistered Alexa & Amazon Echo Dot .
Got Echo dot working but despite ALL the googling, I still cannot get Amazon Alexa online. I do have the latest updated app.
I would like to use either or both of them hands free, can anybody help before I remove them both from life support!!

alexafriend

Re: Amazon Alexa & Echo Dot
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 09:54:02 pm »
Hmmm, no help?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 11:15:46 pm »
Call Amazon : Echo help:  1-877-375-9365

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 04:23:20 am »
Hmmm, no help?

nope, you did not provide any information to work with.  first, if alexa will not setup, how is the echo working?   if you used computer to set it up, then tell if you are using android or apple and exactly what phone are you trying to run alexa on. 

alexafriend

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 02:30:06 pm »
I wish I knew the answer to your first question. When trying to get Amazon Alexa online, it said to do so via the app. I have te app on y iphone 6s Plus & also tried online but still no joy.
On the other hand, Echo Dot was online easy.
Originally when visiting my friend, one of us would simply ask her to play music & she did. I now realize he had a paid acct., I don't.
On the echo dot I have to push the button to ask anything thing, I've tried following the hands off settings but it still don't work.
No Android use, just apple. I've used both computer & app settings, no joy.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 06:28:53 pm »
OP:  Have you called the FREE Official AMAZON Echo help line given you in earlier post yet so you can get this problem resolved?

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 10:19:48 am »
You don't need a paid account to listen to Amazon music. I would talk to the service reps on the help line.  You shouldn't have to push a button to talk, you turn on the sound and leave it. Try setting up on the web site instead of phone app is my only other suggestion. i.e alexa.amazon.com  And you do need to register for an account to get anywhere with set up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:22:40 am by Laurel »

alexafriend

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 11:06:30 am »
Ok, I will try suggested, thank you.

alexafriend

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 08:43:02 pm »
Sorry, I'm goiving up.