Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo Auto - First Impressions

Re: Echo Auto - First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:30 pm »
I've had my Echo Auto for a couple months and like it even though my SUV has a pretty modern system.  I set it up using the Bluetooth connection.  The one thing I don't like at all is the lack of quality when I ask it to play music.  Should I have set it up with the aux cable?  The music plays through my speakers but sounds like it's not going through my good amp.  Any ideas?

Offline Laurel

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 01:11:27 pm »
I love the Echo Auto, but I will have to stop using it as it is sucking up all my data when streaming music.  I don't stream much --maybe tops would be half an hour a day while commuting. I have a 4 GB plan and it is going to use most of it.  So I guess I have to stop using it. Sad but I can't afford to use my whole plan for half an hour daily of music.

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 03:50:22 pm »
Just got my echo auto.Went thru the setup, all way well, played thru my cars Bluetooth audio.  It seems that after giving Alexa a couple of commands that work after that if I say Alexa the blue light goes on, then shuts and no commands are recognized.  In the Alexa app it say not connected but when I check phone’s Bluetooth settings it says it is connected.  If I unplug the echo auto and then plug back in it works again for a couple of commands and that’s it, same cycle begins again.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  I even deleted the device and then went thru setup again with the same results!

I just brought it in the house, connected it to power, worked for about 5 commands, did the same thing, blue light comes on then shuts as I am talking to it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:55:20 pm by Gp56 »

Offline Laurel

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 09:26:52 pm »
My Echo Auto generally works perfectly now, but there will be days when reception can be poor. I chalk it up to atmospheric conditions and it loses the connection.

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 11:25:32 pm »
I think I got mine working as it should.  It appears it needed a firmware update!

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »
After what... eight months... I finally got my invitation and ordered my Echo Auto... I'll try and remember to fill you in on yet another experience...
My Alexa environment includes :
1 full Sized Echo
4 Echo Dots
1 Echo Spot
1 Amazon Firestick with Alexa Voice Remote.
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
4 Fire Tablets (2 of which now have "SHOW Capabilities" if switched to "Show Mode"!!!!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline kenf

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2019, 09:00:52 am »
got my invite on Monday, wife did not.  ordered and it'll be here Friday.

Then we'll see how it goes.

Offline Laurel

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2019, 03:35:17 pm »
When you hook it up in your car and start driving, give it about two minutes or so before you ask for music or whatever.  I takes a couple of minutes for it to sync up. I was too impatient in the beginning and didn't think it was working.

Offline kenf

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 09:00:23 am »
When you hook it up in your car and start driving, give it about two minutes or so before you ask for music or whatever.  I takes a couple of minutes for it to sync up. I was too impatient in the beginning and didn't think it was working.

Good to know.  We'll see how it works out, probably this weekend when I have time to mess with it.