Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Multilingual mode : when and where ?

Offline Jerome

Multilingual mode : when and where ?
« on: September 29, 2019, 03:37:43 pm »
"Amazon is launching multilingual mode for its Alexa-supporting devices"
https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/25/amazon-launches-multilingual-mode-for-using-alexa-in-multiple-languages-at-once/

Do you guys know if that feature is already available ?
If so, where to find it in the settings ?
(I have a US Amazon accounts for my Echos)
1 Echo (1st gen) - 2 Echo Dots (2nd gen) - 2 Echo Dots (3rd gen) - 1 Echo Show 5 - 1 Google Home Mini | in France

Offline jwlv

Re: Multilingual mode : when and where ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 05:18:58 pm »
It is not yet available anywhere. I assume Amazon will make a big announcement when it is.
But just a few weeks ago, Amazon gave developers information on how to add languages to their skills. So it should be coming soon. How soon? Well, like anything else Amazon does, you won't find out until the day it happens.

Offline Jerome

Re: Multilingual mode : when and where ?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 04:32:57 pm »
I'm suppose you're right  ;)
I'm eager they add this feature that has been available for a while on Google Home.
I would like to have both English and French but I hope the 2 languages are not imposed with the language of your Amazon account because the article says English + Spanish for US accounts and English + French for Canadian accounts which doesn't sound too flexible ???
1 Echo (1st gen) - 2 Echo Dots (2nd gen) - 2 Echo Dots (3rd gen) - 1 Echo Show 5 - 1 Google Home Mini | in France