Echo & Alexa Forums

Naming alexa dots

lostsoul62

Naming alexa dots
« on: July 09, 2019, 05:44:58 pm »
I have 6 Alexa dots and I would like to name each one so 2 or 3 of them think I'm talking to them?

Re: Naming alexa dots
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 11:20:40 pm »
You can name them anything you want but the wake word is your problem. You have 3 choices. Computer, echo and alexa. Custom wake words would be great!!!!!

lostsoul62

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 08:43:23 am »
You can name them anything you want but the wake word is your problem. You have 3 choices. Computer, echo and alexa. Custom wake words would be great!!!!!
I know if you have a lot of echo's you can name them for a wake up so then don't get confused on which one you want? I just forgot where the info is at so I can do just that? Does anyone know?

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 09:19:09 am »
I know if you have a lot of echo's you can name them for a wake up so then don't get confused on which one you want? I just forgot where the info is at so I can do just that? Does anyone know?

Change your wake word on your phone app - open app>menu (the little mostly hamburger thing on the top left)>choose a device, and scroll down to the wake word>tap wake word and choose the one you want to use with that device. Choices are "Alexa", "Amazon", "Echo", and "Computer"

They really need to give us more options or make them completely customizable...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

jpainter01

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:05:50 am »
I have 6 Alexa dots and I would like to name each one so 2 or 3 of them think I'm talking to them?
You can use a different "Wake Word" for 4 of them (Computer, Alexa, Echo, or Amazon).

Then repeat the "Wake Word" on two of the others that are far from one of the 4 that has the same "Wake Word".

It works!