Echo & Alexa Forums

Bandwidth

Suziscents

Bandwidth
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:34:32 pm »
Ok 3rd time trying to post 1st Q.  Ok so having trouble with my bandwidth. I obviously have Wi-Fi with unlimited data usage and 100 ? Per sec alotted per mo. Have had the same setup for three years so why now in the past couple months am I having a bandwidth notice come across my TV screen every time I watch Netflix or Amazon prime. So I unplug echo, seems that's the only way show will work. So what is echoes usage of my bandwidth and please remember I'm new at this. Thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: Bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:31:28 pm »
I'm not aware of any cable companues putting bandwidth notices on customer's TVs but if you are seeing that, I assume you don't have unlimited bandwidth. It's something you should talk to your cable company about.

If you stream movies on Netflix, Amazon, or anywhere else, a 2 hour movie eats up about 2-4GB of data. A lower tier plan from cable providers usually only include 100GB per month. On top of that, iPhones are notorious for eating up 8GB-64GB of data every time you plug it in to power and it does its daily backups.