Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Bandwidth

Bandwidth
« on: July 09, 2019, 03:34:32 pm »
Ok 3rd time trying to post 1st Q.  Ok so having trouble with my bandwidth. I obviously have Wi-Fi with unlimited data usage and 100 ? Per sec alotted per mo. Have had the same setup for three years so why now in the past couple months am I having a bandwidth notice come across my TV screen every time I watch Netflix or Amazon prime. So I unplug echo, seems that's the only way show will work. So what is echoes usage of my bandwidth and please remember I'm new at this. Thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: Bandwidth
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:31:28 pm »
I'm not aware of any cable companues putting bandwidth notices on customer's TVs but if you are seeing that, I assume you don't have unlimited bandwidth. It's something you should talk to your cable company about.

If you stream movies on Netflix, Amazon, or anywhere else, a 2 hour movie eats up about 2-4GB of data. A lower tier plan from cable providers usually only include 100GB per month. On top of that, iPhones are notorious for eating up 8GB-64GB of data every time you plug it in to power and it does its daily backups.