Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa and Ring Elite

kovalt

Alexa and Ring Elite
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:07:53 pm »
I am hoping some of you have a bit more information on how to with wired devices if possible for Alexa.

I am controlling many smart devices in my home among those several ring products.  I have recently upgraded to the ring doorbell elite which is a POE Wired Ring Doorbell.  However it seems my Echo devices are unable to see this particular ring device.  After quite a bit of google-fu it seems that Alexa devices may have a distinct problem seeing wired devices.  I know I can unwise the device but that seems very contrary to why I bought it.  Any suggestions on how I can get my ring doorbell elite to show up in my Alexa as a device?

Offline jwlv

Re: Alexa and Ring Elite
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:08 am »
I would suggest contacting Ring about your Ring Doorbell Elite. Ring is owned by Amazon and sometimes integration between Ring devices and Alexa come much later. Take for example the Ring Alarm. I believe it took almost a year for Alexa to work with the Ring Alarm. And quite incidentally Alexa Guard came around the same time and works together with Ring. Maybe it was planned that way.