Echo & Alexa Forums

Shopping list problem

Daveeee

Shopping list problem
« on: June 29, 2019, 11:10:47 am »
My wife and I usually have a sheet of paper fastened to the fridge with a magnet to create an ongoing shopping list.
When we got the echo dot we decided to use Alexa to create the list, which included about 20 items when we finally went shopping yesterday. But when we got to the supermarket I opened the Alexa app and turned to the shopping list. However, the list only appeared momentarily and then it disappeared, never to be seen again.
Can anyone suggest a fix, or from other comments I've read on the Internet, maybe an alternative shopping list to Alexa would be more practical.
Can anyone help please?

Re: Shopping list problem
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:51:29 pm »
don't know why it disappeared, did it reappear when you left the store.  how were you accessing the shopping list in the store?

I have my shopping list email to me using a skill called list assistant.  makes it easier to access because of inconsistent wifi or mobile access.    just cannot check it off as you shop.   in addition there are apps from ifttt that will email or text your shopping list.   finally there are third party apps that will work with alexa where you can keep your shopping lists.   go settings and click on lists.  there should be a list of third party list apps that will work. 

just too many