Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

There seems to be a limit of five smart plugs to an account?

I have 1st gen Echo Show and 6 smart plugs.  Only 5 will connect.  They all turn lights on or off in the Nedis SmartLife app, but when I put in a Group in two Groups in Alexa Skills, only 5 will turn on or off. They are TanTan SmartPlugs.  I also have a smart bulb and a 2nd Echo Show and 2 Dots under thee same account.  Do you think it is the brand of plugs or am I overloading the system?  My intent is to set up one of the Shows at a 2nd location 15 miles away and put 3 of the Smart Plugs on one Show and 3 on the other.  Right now, I am trying to set all plugs at one location but only 5 will respond.  Using only one Amazon account.

Re: There seems to be a limit of five smart plugs to an account?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:53 am »
I have 1st gen Echo Show and 6 smart plugs.  Only 5 will connect.  They all turn lights on or off in the Nedis SmartLife app, but when I put in a Group in two Groups in Alexa Skills, only 5 will turn on or off. They are TanTan SmartPlugs.  I also have a smart bulb and a 2nd Echo Show and 2 Dots under thee same account.  Do you think it is the brand of plugs or am I overloading the system?  My intent is to set up one of the Shows at a 2nd location 15 miles away and put 3 of the Smart Plugs on one Show and 3 on the other.  Right now, I am trying to set all plugs at one location but only 5 will respond.  Using only one Amazon account.
Your not overloading your system however you may wish to check your routers wi-fi settings many routers have a default max wireless conections  some allow you to change this number. Also it is most likely not the best idea to use all the same brand smart devices a mix makes trouble shooting easier.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:33 pm »

what router do you have?   if too old or a cheap model, it could be the problem.  otherwise, there should not be any limitations.    also the previous post mentioned something about mixing brands.   I too agree with that.  I try to keep two brands of plugs, lights and even assistants  :-)    easier to troubleshoot and not as expensive to replace things if one brand is no longer supported.  I

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:04:03 pm »
Might be your smartplugs. I use Wemo plugs and I probably have about 20 of them.