Echo & Alexa Forums

There seems to be a limit of five smart plugs to an account?

Sandra ellis

I have 1st gen Echo Show and 6 smart plugs.  Only 5 will connect.  They all turn lights on or off in the Nedis SmartLife app, but when I put in a Group in two Groups in Alexa Skills, only 5 will turn on or off. They are TanTan SmartPlugs.  I also have a smart bulb and a 2nd Echo Show and 2 Dots under thee same account.  Do you think it is the brand of plugs or am I overloading the system?  My intent is to set up one of the Shows at a 2nd location 15 miles away and put 3 of the Smart Plugs on one Show and 3 on the other.  Right now, I am trying to set all plugs at one location but only 5 will respond.  Using only one Amazon account.

Re: There seems to be a limit of five smart plugs to an account?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:53 am »
I have 1st gen Echo Show and 6 smart plugs.  Only 5 will connect.  They all turn lights on or off in the Nedis SmartLife app, but when I put in a Group in two Groups in Alexa Skills, only 5 will turn on or off. They are TanTan SmartPlugs.  I also have a smart bulb and a 2nd Echo Show and 2 Dots under thee same account.  Do you think it is the brand of plugs or am I overloading the system?  My intent is to set up one of the Shows at a 2nd location 15 miles away and put 3 of the Smart Plugs on one Show and 3 on the other.  Right now, I am trying to set all plugs at one location but only 5 will respond.  Using only one Amazon account.
Your not overloading your system however you may wish to check your routers wi-fi settings many routers have a default max wireless conections  some allow you to change this number. Also it is most likely not the best idea to use all the same brand smart devices a mix makes trouble shooting easier.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 06:35:33 pm »

what router do you have?   if too old or a cheap model, it could be the problem.  otherwise, there should not be any limitations.    also the previous post mentioned something about mixing brands.   I too agree with that.  I try to keep two brands of plugs, lights and even assistants  :-)    easier to troubleshoot and not as expensive to replace things if one brand is no longer supported.  I

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:04:03 pm »
Might be your smartplugs. I use Wemo plugs and I probably have about 20 of them.