Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can echo be programmed to use two different names

Can echo be programmed to use two different names
« on: June 16, 2019, 11:09:02 am »
I have one echo dot and one echo device.  I just bought my husband an echo dot for Fathers Day.  When we talk to his echo, it answers by my name instead of his, even though I set up his profile and account on the Alexa app. I think it has something to do with my Amazon account.  Should I set up an Amazon account for him, and register his dot on that account.  Would that impact the way the devices communicate with each other?

Offline jwlv

Re: Can echo be programmed to use two different names
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:29 pm »
Deep in the Alexa app's settings, there is an option where you can have Alexa recognize voices. I don't use it, but I've seen it in the settings before. Based on what voice Alexa hears, it'll respond to the correct person. I believe that means if two people have their own calendars, to do lists, etc. it'll give the corresponding information to the person asking.