« on: June 10, 2019, 12:58:30 pm »
Good news...I've just received my invitation to buy Echo Auto
Bad News.......they won't ship from Amazon US to France :(

Laurel

Re: Echo Auto
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 01:50:19 pm »
Good news...I've just received my invitation to buy Echo Auto
Bad News.......they won't ship from Amazon US to France :(
That's a bummer. I live in Canada and I have Amazon packages shipped to a mail box in Washington State and I drive down to pick it up. I'm only 20 kilometers away from the mail box station in Lynden.   If you want to order and have it sent to my mailbox in Lynden, and pay me for the $2.00 pickup charge and then mailing charge from Lynden to you in France, I would do that. Let me know.  I'm still waiting for my invitation.  I assume we have a private message capability here where I could give you my mailbox address.

DavidA

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:37:26 am »
Thanks Laurel, that's a really kind offer.

I've actually done much the same on my own.  Shipped to a mail address in Florida and then to me here.

It's on the way, with delivery in Florida marked for Friday.  Then it'll take 4 or 5 days to me in France.

Have a great day!!

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:16:37 pm »
David let us know what you think of Echo Auto once you get it set up and are using it. Thanks. Looks like I won't get my invitation this month.

DavidA

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 08:01:23 am »
It arrived this morning, but I can't get it to hook up to my phone.  There is no option for an Echo Auto on the add devices, and none of the other options work (for me)

Over to Amazon help, I think.

DavidA

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 08:38:08 am »
And the bad news - again - is that it can't be set up here (in France) because officially it's not available here..  Even after reloading the Alexa app through a vpn set in California and disabling location, there is no option to set up an Auto.
The help desk can't set it up remotely because "it's a limited service"
I'll just carry on......and wait.

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 10:24:46 am »
Hi David,
I don't have my invitation yet. I live in Canada and I have an Amazon.com account and an Amazon.ca account (the .ca account is largely unused due to the high prices on it and lack of things like Echo Auto).  I just looked at my Amazon Alexa app and devices and when I pressed Amazon Echo under "What type of device are you setting up?", the Echo Auto came up as a choice.  I wonder why it isn't coming up for you since you obviously have the Amazon.com account. All my devices are registered on Amazon.com versus .ca. Perhaps yours aren't registered on .com? 

DavidA

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:42:38 am »
I've tried everything to get this to work.  All Amazon can suggest is to switch my main account to Amazon.com.

That would mean that most of my other stuff wouldn't work well.

Guess I'll have to wait until the auto is supported here (but I won't hold my breath)

Laurel

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 07:14:29 pm »
DavidA we have all of our devices registered on Amazon.com and none on Amazon.ca.  We found things just didn't work well on.ca.  The .ca is a real bust for us even though we live in Canada. Everything is oh so much better on .com. 

Laurel

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 01:37:01 pm »
I am still waiting for my invitation from Amazon for the Echo Shaw. So I decided to be very impatient and buy one from ebay for 3 times the invitation price. I'll let you know how it works in Canada once it arrives. It is in Kentucky right now. lol

Offline jwlv

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 01:06:46 pm »
Woohoo! Finally got my invite to buy the Echo Auto today. Just ordered it and it will be delivered tomorrow. :)

Laurel

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 01:44:54 pm »
Having just spent 3 x the invitation price last week with delivery not for another week, I got my invitation today too. lol It will arrive in Lynden, Washington tomorrow and I will drive down from BC the following day to pick it up.  I'm excited to try it out.  I will have two but that is fine. I'm sure I can give one away to someone who likes uses Amazon Music like me.

Laurel

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 08:36:02 pm »
Jwlv let us know what you think of the Echo Auto please.