none
3 (27.3%)
none of your business
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 4

what mobile payment do you use

what mobile payment do you use
« on: May 24, 2019, 05:43:52 pm »
just wondering what mobile payment system do used by members here.  yep, a bit nosy  :-)

Until  couple of months ago, other than walmart pay, my bank did not support them.   got a prepaid card from american express serve and was able to use samsung pay.  Now my bank supports google pay so I dropped samsung pay and now use google pay. 

AlanH

Re: what mobile payment do you use
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:53:38 pm »
Er...Apple Pay.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:09:38 pm »
Er...Apple Pay.

major oops.  meant to put apple pay in the poll.  sorry about that    :-[ 

got it fixed. 

Chuck43

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 08:30:26 am »
None, I use a credit card that pays me for using it.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:01:35 pm »
None, I use a credit card that pays me for using it.

just a fyi, using mobile payments does not stop you from getting paid for using that card. 

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 05:36:00 pm »
I  prefer to use my credit card for purchases so all my purchases are on one bill I pay off each month,  and get cash back, too. Seems to be just as fast as pulling out a mobile phone.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 08:20:29 pm »
I  prefer to use my credit card for purchases so all my purchases are on one bill I pay off each month,  and get cash back, too. Seems to be just as fast as pulling out a mobile phone.

so true, using a card is faster.  pull it from the wallet and scan.   Of the ones I mentioned, as far as I know google pay is the fastest.  I am able to place my finger over the scan and by the time I pulled the phone from my pocket, it is ready to use.   

the slowest one is walmart pay.  most of the time it take several minutes to use in my local walmart.  and I mean minutes.    I only use it because it keeps an electronic copy of my receipt.   all of walmart advertisements claim it is so much faster than using a card.   I often wonder if I could sue over that since that is totally not true. 

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 10:59:30 pm »
Thanks, I rest my case.
In fact, I pay ALL my bills via credit card, including the thousands o dollars of medical bills I have run up the past 20 years for eye surgeries, dental work, insurance bills, etc. Gotta pay them off monthly, though, and I do.  All done through B of A website.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 11:46:45 pm »
When I had an iPhone I thought about using Apple Pay. But for whatever reason, my credit card was not available for use on Apple Pay at that time. I'm no longer using Apple products so it doesn't matter now. I thought about using Google Pay but what's the point? If mobile payments were ubiquitous then I could leave my cards at home and only use mobile payments. I'm always looking for ways to thin out my wallet. But not every merchant uses mobile payments so I still have to carry my cards with me anyway. So why have 2 points of vulnerabilities (phone and my wallet) when I only had 1 before (my wallet) and it doesn't save me any time, money, less to carry in my wallet, or sense of security.

P.S. Walmart Pay is a joke. I only used it once because I had an eGift card that required me to use it. Having a copy of the receipt electronically is great, though. Home Depot does the same but without having you sign up for anything. They just email an electronic copy of the receipt to you.

AlanH

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 04:09:31 am »
Thanks, I rest my case.

It’s just a poll, not the Supreme Court  ;D

Anyway, using Apple Pay on my Apple Watch means I can leave my credit cards and iPhone at home. Paying takes all of 5 seconds.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 02:37:15 pm »
When I had an iPhone I thought about using Apple Pay. But for whatever reason, my credit card was not available for use on Apple Pay at that time. I'm no longer using Apple products so it doesn't matter now. I thought about using Google Pay but what's the point? If mobile payments were ubiquitous then I could leave my cards at home and only use mobile payments. I'm always looking for ways to thin out my wallet. But not every merchant uses mobile payments so I still have to carry my cards with me anyway. So why have 2 points of vulnerabilities (phone and my wallet) when I only had 1 before (my wallet) and it doesn't save me any time, money, less to carry in my wallet, or sense of security.

P.S. Walmart Pay is a joke. I only used it once because I had an eGift card that required me to use it. Having a copy of the receipt electronically is great, though. Home Depot does the same but without having you sign up for anything. They just email an electronic copy of the receipt to you.

how does home depot send you an electronic receipt if you don't sign up for something?   I get it because I use a home depot card but I have always wonder when I see the message asking if I wanted an electronic receipt when I pay in cash.  too much in a hurry most of the time to find out for myself. 

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 02:42:48 pm »
Thanks, I rest my case.

It’s just a poll, not the Supreme Court  ;D

Anyway, using Apple Pay on my Apple Watch means I can leave my credit cards and iPhone at home. Paying takes all of 5 seconds.

sounds like apple pay works as fast and the same as google pay (just saw a video of apple pay).    I did try using the samsung watch with samsung pay but always had problems connecting for whatever reason so quit trying because it was always embarrassing.   personally I don't trust any payment system enough to leave my cards at home - yet.

mike27oct

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 06:06:51 pm »
Home Depot sends receipts to the email address they have on file for my wife.  Ask at checkout counter if your email is in their records; if not give it to them.

fstbusa

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:24 am »
paypal
venmo
square
apple pay