Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can no longer ask Alexa to play a specific song

Can no longer ask Alexa to play a specific song
« on: June 15, 2019, 12:09:27 pm »
Hello all,

My family and I used to be able to ask Alexa to play a specific song: "Alexa, play <song> by <artist>."

She would then either play the song, or if it wasn't available for standard prime music she would say, "Here's a sample of <song> by <artist>"

Now (and always without fail) her response is "Here's a station for you based on the song <song> by <artist>"

What gives?  This was probably the thing we use Alexa for the most (other than home automation).

Offline Laurel

Re: Can no longer ask Alexa to play a specific song
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:49:48 pm »
I noticed the same. Now I say, Alexa play "How Much is that Doggie in the Window" by Doris Day on Amazon Music.  Seems I have to include the Amazon Music to my phrase now.  Not sure why. Over the last couple of days, I seem to be able to omit the Amazon Music phrase.

Re: Can no longer ask Alexa to play a specific song
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 05:07:17 pm »
I've always used Pandora, and it pretty much always required me to ask for Pandora as well... When I do Pandora I get "Stations" when I use artists on Amazon, it gives me just the artist mix... Both options are desirable at different times. SO I use both quite frequently.
My Alexa environment includes :
1 full Sized Echo
4 Echo Dots
1 Echo Spot
1 Amazon Firestick with Alexa Voice Remote.
Several Hue Lights with a single bridge
4 Fire Tablets (2 of which now have "SHOW Capabilities" if switched to "Show Mode"!!!!
You should see My Apple Device List!