Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo Auto GONE?

Offline jwlv

Re: Amazon Echo Auto GONE?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 12:47:32 pm »
Laurel, I'm not so sure about that. When the first Echo came out, it was also by invitation only. There were no restrictions from talking about it. That's exactly when this forum came about so that the early adopters could have a place to talk about all the cool stuff they've discovered on the Echo. There was so much hype about it that some of the people who got invitations sold their Echo for a big profit on Ebay.

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 08:15:06 pm »
EVERY ECHO AND ECHO PRODUCT is owned by a beta tester... none of this stuff is solid technology yet... it's fun and for now cheap... I have Tablets, Echos, Dots and Spots... all of them have some weirdness about them that makes them imperfect... but I love them to death... it's all kinds of fun since I made the lighting in the den Voice activated with no other options (than turning them off and on manually....but the in-laws don't know about the manual part... LOL)

AS I see things, there must have been some major issues with connectivity, related to how the Auto is supposed to work, and maybe some Hand-off stuff that would sometimes be needed between devices if in the middle of something when you arrive at destination and want to get out of the car without losing your place... for something that "seems" trivial until you're the one dealing with it...

I'm still excited and hope we ALL get invites by the end of April... Thanks for the update Laurel.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Laurel

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 08:52:57 pm »
It's something to look forward too Scott and jwlv. lol

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2019, 05:18:11 pm »
look like the auto is shipping again.  several on the amazonforum got theirs recently. 

Laurel

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 11:05:32 pm »
Renegade600 that is good news. Thanks for the update.

JonathanMurray

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2019, 10:33:40 am »
Received my Echo Auto yesterday (5/7/19), one day shipping after receiving my invitation on Monday.  Now to figure out a place to install it in my 2019 GMC Canyon, which has nothing like the flat dash they just assume every vehicle must have.  And then find some clips to route the required power cable neatly.  Ugh.

I already have a Roav Viva, which simply sits in the lighter socket and provides two charging ports.  I'm already regretting bothering with the Echo Auto. :(

Laurel

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 10:14:21 pm »
JonathanMurray that is great news.  I was promised I would get an invitation to buy Echo Auto by the end of April.  No invitation yet.  I guess I may have to pester them again.