Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed

Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« on: May 13, 2019, 02:59:29 am »
I am trying to make routines with the Device instead of Voice or Schedule option. I have more than 40 routines created with the other two options. Everywhere else in the app I have more than 40 devices to choose from but when I try to create a routine using the Device option (in the “When This Happens” section there are only 4 devices to choose from which are Ring doorbells and a lock.  Not even are my Alexa devices are listed.

I have tried repeatedly
I am very skilled at creating routines
I have restarted my iPhone 6S
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Alexa App
I called support and they didn’t find an answer

I use iPhone 6S
I have 3 Echo Dots (2nd Gen)
1 Echo (2nd Gen)
Many lightbulbs
2 FireTv’s
Several smart plugs
A smart switch
Ring Doorbells
Yale Lock
I can control every device by voice or schedule

Are all your devices available to select in the Device option in the “When This Happens category?

Re: Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 04:08:25 pm »
Only certain types of devices are supported for triggering routines. I believe it is limited to motion sensors, contact sensors, doorbells and possibly locks, which seems to tie in with which devices are showing for you.

Re: Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 05:39:52 am »

Are all your devices available to select in the Device option in the “When This Happens category?
I actually have no devices showing up in my routines options.
And unless Amazon states that those are specifically supported I don't expect them either.
As StevenR stated only certain devices and brands are supported for that feature.