Echo & Alexa Forums

Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed

Inchrist

Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« on: May 13, 2019, 02:59:29 am »
I am trying to make routines with the Device instead of Voice or Schedule option. I have more than 40 routines created with the other two options. Everywhere else in the app I have more than 40 devices to choose from but when I try to create a routine using the Device option (in the “When This Happens” section there are only 4 devices to choose from which are Ring doorbells and a lock.  Not even are my Alexa devices are listed.

I have tried repeatedly
I am very skilled at creating routines
I have restarted my iPhone 6S
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Alexa App
I called support and they didn’t find an answer

I use iPhone 6S
I have 3 Echo Dots (2nd Gen)
1 Echo (2nd Gen)
Many lightbulbs
2 FireTv’s
Several smart plugs
A smart switch
Ring Doorbells
Yale Lock
I can control every device by voice or schedule

Are all your devices available to select in the Device option in the “When This Happens category?

StevenR

Re: Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 04:08:25 pm »
Only certain types of devices are supported for triggering routines. I believe it is limited to motion sensors, contact sensors, doorbells and possibly locks, which seems to tie in with which devices are showing for you.

Re: Routines only 4 of more than 40 devices are listed
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 05:39:52 am »

Are all your devices available to select in the Device option in the “When This Happens category?
I actually have no devices showing up in my routines options.
And unless Amazon states that those are specifically supported I don't expect them either.
As StevenR stated only certain devices and brands are supported for that feature.