ALEXA GOT STUPID THIS MORNING

dalars

ALEXA GOT STUPID THIS MORNING
« on: April 25, 2019, 12:29:18 pm »
This morning I get up and tell Alexa to shuffle my playlist "Baker"

she says I don't see a play list Baker

I say play playlist Alpha

she says I don't see a playlist Alpha.

I ask, "Alexa what play lists do I have.

she says, Here is play list Alpha

SO, if that isn't Alexa going stupid what is.
'
anyone else?

I have a Plus and two Dots.

all are stupid this morning

dalars

Re: ALEXA GOT STUPID THIS MORNING
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:43:14 pm »
footnote

Seems that Amazon Prime was the problem.

you think when their server is acting up they would jump on it an get it fixed before someone sends their Echo back for being a piece of junk?
or at least alert us that there is an issue.

Google Home is just a couple clicks away while your 30 says is still in infancy.

I mean they have all out email addresses.

is communication TOO HARD for you guys at Amazon music?

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 05:49:30 pm »
footnote

Seems that Amazon Prime was the problem.

you think when their server is acting up they would jump on it an get it fixed before someone sends their Echo back for being a piece of junk?
or at least alert us that there is an issue.

Google Home is just a couple clicks away while your 30 says is still in infancy.

I mean they have all out email addresses.

is communication TOO HARD for you guys at Amazon music?

it happens, and it does happen with google home so threatening to switch just made you look really stupid.    oh btw,  I had an issue with amazon this morning so I gave the command on google home. kind of funny, told gh to turn on kitchen light and it turned on the bathroom light then said kitchen light was on.     

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 10:51:30 am »
If Amazon sent a communique every time one of their services went out you'd have more email from Amazon than spam.  Perhaps that's an exaggeration but there's a reason why Amazon as well as any company with an online presence (e.g. Netflix, Spotify, eBay, Wells Fargo, Facebook, CNN) will never announce outages. I believe that reason is why announce to the world how poorly they're doing in keeping their services up? Only when the outage is reported by media will they make a statement. And usually that statement is something about a server update that broke and that they are fixing it.