Echo & Alexa Forums

Help with Philips Hue and Alexa

Coderunner

Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:50 pm »
I am a newer user of Alexa and have just purchased a Philips Hue Starter Kit. I also have a couple of Hue white bulbs. 

I know that the Echo Show 2 has a hub built in and when experimenting I see that the Echo finds the bulbs with no Hue Hub. So here is my question. If I have an Echo hub and a Hue Hub what is the best way to set them up?

Do I set up the Hue Hub and let it find the lights and then discover the hub from the Echo? OR

Do I discover the Hue Hub and all lights separately via the Echo?

I have looked through the web forums and could not find anything that clarified if a device such as a Hue light can be connected directly to two hubs such as the Echo and Hue Hubs? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:31:19 am »
imo, forget about using the alexa show hub, just set the bulbs up with the hue bridge and go from there.  at least that is what I would do.  you really do not need both hubs.  if you use alexa, you will not have all the features hue provides

dragon123

Re: Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 07:17:10 am »
imo, forget about using the alexa show hub, just set the bulbs up with the hue bridge and go from there.  at least that is what I would do.  you really do not need both hubs.  if you use alexa, you will not have all the features hue provides

That.