Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Help with Philips Hue and Alexa

Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:50 pm »
I am a newer user of Alexa and have just purchased a Philips Hue Starter Kit. I also have a couple of Hue white bulbs. 

I know that the Echo Show 2 has a hub built in and when experimenting I see that the Echo finds the bulbs with no Hue Hub. So here is my question. If I have an Echo hub and a Hue Hub what is the best way to set them up?

Do I set up the Hue Hub and let it find the lights and then discover the hub from the Echo? OR

Do I discover the Hue Hub and all lights separately via the Echo?

I have looked through the web forums and could not find anything that clarified if a device such as a Hue light can be connected directly to two hubs such as the Echo and Hue Hubs? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:31:19 am »
imo, forget about using the alexa show hub, just set the bulbs up with the hue bridge and go from there.  at least that is what I would do.  you really do not need both hubs.  if you use alexa, you will not have all the features hue provides

Re: Help with Philips Hue and Alexa
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 07:17:10 am »
imo, forget about using the alexa show hub, just set the bulbs up with the hue bridge and go from there.  at least that is what I would do.  you really do not need both hubs.  if you use alexa, you will not have all the features hue provides

That.
My Alexa stuff:
Echo Show, Echo Spot, 4 Echo Dots, Fire TV, Fire tablet,
Vobot Alarmclock, Logitech Harmony Hub, house full of Hue lights,
Ring 1+2 doorbells, Tado smart thermostat, Plex server.