Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Dot when traveling.

CarlK58

Amazon Dot when traveling.
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:23:24 am »
I have two Amazon devices. I am travel and would like to take a dot with me and leave the other device at home with my Fiance. I know that I will have to set up the dot on the hotel network, but will the fact that the devices being on two different networks but being on the same Amazon Prime account cause a conflict? I appreciate any help in response to my question.

Offline jwlv

Re: Amazon Dot when traveling.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 12:23:04 pm »
Nope.

But keep in mind most hotel WiFi are not like your home WiFi. After putting in the WiFi password, you have to login with your hotel credentials. And you can't login with a Dot since it doesn't have a screen, a keyboard, or a web browser.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 04:09:54 pm »
Not so anymore.  I connected a Dot to a hotel recently.  Get your phone onto hotel wifi and open Alexa app.  Tap bar menu in upper left of screen or slide finger on screen left to right. Select Add Device. Follow onscreen prompts to select your Dot by name.

CarlK58

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »
Will the one left at home function normally as well? I was wondering if I set mine up in Wisconsin and ask for the outside temperature will it respond with Wisconsin, where I'm at or home temperature in North Carolina? And what will my Fiance hear when she asks at home? I guess I could just try it and report my results. Lol

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:27:11 am »
Too much hassle to change more than wi-fi.  You and home users will continue to hear same time and temp as at home,.All you need to do is ask time or temp for Green Bay.  Brrrr  Try it from home now.