Echo & Alexa Forums

Trying to get two Alexas to play . . . . .

-Chris-

Trying to get two Alexas to play . . . . .
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:00:21 pm »
How do you get two Alexas to play the same radio station at the same time please?  At the moment, one of them is playing a couple of seconds behind the other.

froglips

Re: Trying to get two Alexas to play . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 04:59:54 pm »
You can use the phrase "Alexa play(Station or song name)EVERYWHERE".  Make sure that every Echo unit is included in the group EVERYWHERE.

dalars

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 02:50:15 pm »
you have to form a GROUP of speakers.

choose a name and then tell Alexa to play whatever, on the name of the group.

-Chris-

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 02:49:57 am »
I've put them both into the same group called everywhere, when I say play BBC Radio two everywhere, it says playing BBC radio two from Tunein on the everywhere group, they then play that, no problem.  I then say Alexa, play Magic radio everywhere, it says sorry, can't do that.!  :-(  Magic radio is what we really want in the whole house.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:38:28 am »
Perhaps it's Magic Radio that has restrictions of not allowing multiple streams. Like many content providers, such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, they allow only a certain number of simultaneous streams unless you pay for more.

-Chris-

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 04:07:31 am »
Perhaps it's Magic Radio that has restrictions of not allowing multiple streams. Like many content providers, such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, they allow only a certain number of simultaneous streams unless you pay for more.
Thanks, they do play on both, but a few seconds difference.   I do pay Tunein per month.

mindmagic

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:35:12 am »
I can play Magic everywhere, so the problem must be at your end. Try "play Magic Radio on TuneIn everywhere" (although I didn't need to specify TuneIn). Also perhaps try rebooting your router and the two Alexa devices.

-Chris-

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 01:15:36 pm »
I can play Magic everywhere, so the problem must be at your end. Try "play Magic Radio on TuneIn everywhere" (although I didn't need to specify TuneIn). Also perhaps try rebooting your router and the two Alexa devices.
Thanks.  I can play Magic Radio UK on both at the same time, but one is a few seconds behind the other.  What's the precise command you give for Alexa to play Magic Radio UK on both Amazon Echos at the same time, totally synchronised please?

mindmagic

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:18 pm »
Thanks.  I can play Magic Radio UK on both at the same time, but one is a few seconds behind the other.  What's the precise command you give for Alexa to play Magic Radio UK on both Amazon Echos at the same time, totally synchronised please?

That's odd. If they are in a multiroom group they should play together on any station (it has to be TuneIn - the Magic skill won't work in multiroom). I can only suggest you try setting up another group with a different name, or delete the Everywhere group and set it up again. I have three groups - Everywhere, Upstairs and Downstairs. They usually work, although sometimes I have to reboot one device, and also a couple of my devices won't work if one of them is connected to Bluetooth (others will).

-Chris-

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 01:51:41 pm »
Thank you.  What's the precise command you give for Alexa to play Magic Radio UK on both Amazon Echos at the same time, totally synchronised please?

mindmagic

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 04:46:22 am »
"Alexa, play magic radio everywhere."

-Chris-

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 04:59:33 am »
"Alexa, play magic radio everywhere."
Thank you, the input is appreciated.  It didn't work though!  :-(

Also, if I ask them "Alexa open my media everywhere" it only plays it one of the Alexas?!? :-(