Echo & Alexa Forums

Any way to turn on a specific Iheartradio channel every morning?

Scooter

Hey guys.

I use my Echo to wake me up every morning at 7. Using IFTTT it also turns on my bedroom light via my WEMO switch automatically (triggers upon Echo alarm). This has been pretty cool.

Now, every morning at about 7:25 I say "Alexa, play (X station)." It then plays the station I said.

Does anyone know of a way to set Echo to automatically tune to that channel every morning at 7:25? I've looked through IFTTT but no luck. Thank you!

DParker

Re: Any way to turn on a specific Iheartradio channel every morning?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:49:08 am »
At this time the only things that you can schedule on your Echo are alarms.

Offline kevb

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:58:51 am »
I can't remember where I read this, but I saw a post where someone had an alarm app on their phone that could play custom sounds when the alarm went off. In this case, he would record "Alexa play (X) on iheartradio" and use that as his alarm sound. He would then set the phone within earshot of the Echo and have the alarm go off at 7:25am. I can't remember the name of the alarm app, though, sorry.

Scooter

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 10:46:23 am »
I can't remember where I read this, but I saw a post where someone had an alarm app on their phone that could play custom sounds when the alarm went off. In this case, he would record "Alexa play (X) on iheartradio" and use that as his alarm sound. He would then set the phone within earshot of the Echo and have the alarm go off at 7:25am. I can't remember the name of the alarm app, though, sorry.

LOL that's facking brilliant!