Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Privacy settings in app not available

Privacy settings in app not available
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:56:28 am »
I wanted to delete my voice recordings using the Alexa app on my Samsung Galaxy S9+. Went to 'Settings - Alexa Account - Alexa Privacy'. However, when I click 'Alexa Privacy' an error message pops up stating 'No network available. Please connect and try again. Connection timed out. Please try again'

- I do have (excellent) internet connection; Wifi and 4G. (Wifi - 120 Mbps up, 245 Mbps down)
- All other options work fine
- restarted phone; no effect
- removed - reinstalled app, no effect

I know I can log in to my account on the web and delete the recordings there. I did. But I would like to be able to use the function in the app. Am I overlooking something?

All help / advice appreciated.

Bert-Jan

Offline Laurel

Re: Privacy settings in app not available
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 02:45:42 pm »
I have never used the app to do this, but I checked out my app on my Samsung Note 8 (which I recently updated to Android pie which I love).  My phone is showing the ability to delete the voice recordings.  Maybe turn off your phone and turn it back on and try again. Good luck.