Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) integration with Ring cameras

VicVicVicx

Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) integration with Ring cameras
« on: April 08, 2019, 03:23:07 pm »
Hello. I have 5 Ring Floodlight Cam devices and will soon add 2 Ring Stick Up Cam Wired devices.

Currently, when activity is detected at one of the cameras, a notification will show on my smartphone. I then need to manually click on the notification on my phone in order to view the activity through the device's camera feed.

I would like to purchase a Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) primarily for use to monitor my Ring devices' camera feeds. When an activity is detected, I would like the Echo Show to automatically show the feed immediately, even without me saying anything or touching the Echo Show. Is this possible?

I am highly considering the $399.99 Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablet that will release soon, but if the Echo Show can do this, I'd rather save the $200 or so. The only things I will primarily do with the Echo Show or the tablet is to see Ring camera feeds and watch YouTube videos. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:55:23 pm by VicVicVicx »

Re: Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) integration with Ring cameras
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:20:09 pm »
Hello. I have 5 Ring Floodlight Cam devices and will soon add 2 Ring Stick Up Cam Wired devices.

Currently, when activity is detected at one of the cameras, a notification will show on my smartphone. I then need to manually click on the notification on my phone in order to view the activity through the device's camera feed.

I would like to purchase a Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) primarily for use to monitor my Ring devices' camera feeds. When an activity is detected, I would like the Echo Show to automatically show the feed immediately, even without me saying anything or touching the Echo Show. Is this possible?

I am highly considering the $399.99 Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablet that will release soon, but if the Echo Show can do this, I'd rather save the $200 or so. The only things I will primarily do with the Echo Show or the tablet is to see Ring camera feeds and watch YouTube videos. Thank you.

I know its been 10 days but I just found this.  It would be best if you got the show.  though the tablet is going to be a good one when released next week, I don't think it can do what you want.   It will not have show abilities.   I have been considering that tablet too  :-)  especially since you get a free smartthing hub with it if you preorder from samsung.  It is always good to have a backup.

If you want cheap, you can try a firehd 10 tablet and a show mode stand.  That is what I do.  Got both on sale during last black friday.    If  not in any hurry, just keep watch on the shows prices, they seem to have it discounted every few weeks.    there are a few differences in the way firethd works vs the show.    Also levono has their own show version.