Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy

Dermbrian

Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:08:44 pm »
I am using an echo version two to play music from my phone. Via Bluetooth. After some time, half an hour to several hours, the audio becomes glitchy or choppy. For example, a several second 1 kHz tone track I have 1 will play with audible interruptions in it. If I disconnect and re-pair Bluetooth, and play the same 1 kHz Killer tone it works fine again. Until it doesn’t. It seems to help if I pair my iPhone to a different bluetOoth device before re-pairing with the Echo Version 2.  This behavior makes music unlistenable.  I never had this issue with my two series one echoes, or two Echo Dots.  Is this a known issue to anyone? Amazon sent me a replacement when I discuss the problem, but the replacement exhibit the same behavior. 

I have an older Version 2 Echo from when they first released the model. I’m going to try that one for a few days to see if it does the same thing.   It might be a mid-version manufacturing change or firmware issue.   But it is definitely real.

Feedback/help appreciated in replicating or how to bring to Amazon engineering attention for investigation/confirmation.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:18:26 pm by Dermbrian »

Dermbrian

Re: Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:02:14 am »
Update:  my older Echo 2 exhibited the same Bluetooth audio problem.  I put an old original Echo in its place and no glitches, ever.